Local 1611 Healthcare Sector represents workers of AXIS Family Resources throughout British Columbia. The membership who work for AXIS, an agency that provides community-based social services, are dedicated and committed to the individuals they serve. These caring professionals strengthen their communities and their work touches many lives. Local 1611 is proud to partner with these workers, and support them in their valuable community involvement.
Benefits are as follows:
- Increased Paid Holidays
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Long Term Disability (in the past, this benefit cost employees 4.75% of gross earnings for the pay period)
- Sick Pay Accruals
- Special Leaves
- 11.5 % over 5 years Wage Increases
- Lay-off and Re-call Rights
- Seniority Protection
- Health and Safety Committees
- Medical Benefits
- Education Funds (through CSS sector)
- CSWU Education Scholarships
- Early Intervention Support for injured and ill members
- Labourer Membership Services for Long Term Disability (LTD), Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) and Employment Insurance (EI) support/appeals
Union Dues Note: are 1.85% of gross salary and are tax deductible.
If you are an Axis employee and have questions you can email your Service Representative; Shelley Moore , or contact Shelley at (250) 382-1511 or you can call or text Shelley at (250) 893-6679.
Axis Member Resource Links:
Joint Community Social Services Labour Adjustment and Education Fund
Axis Municipal Pension Plan
Axis Community Services
2014 to 2019 Collective Agreement
Compensation Comparability Wage Increase 2017