To provide participants with basic knowledge and skills to calibrate the equipment to test the air quality and prevent injury to workers.
Attention to detail, ability to communicate clearly with 2 way radios
- Confined Space Entry review
- WHMIS basics.
- Create a safe atmosphere.
- Testing the atmospheres of confined spaces.
- Inspect, bump, calibrate and check the accuracy of electronic gas monitors.
- Test the Atmosphere with electronic monitors and detector tubes.
- Make informed decisions with the readings from the monitors.
Length of Course
16 hours (2 days)
Training Materials Provided
Manual and handouts
All tools and equipment
Upon completion of this course, participants will receive a Gas Testing certificate valid for 3 years.