To familiarize participants with additional training in the area of traffic control, to promote awareness and proficiency, building on existing knowledge in the area of setting up traffic control zones on a variety of roadways.
Must have 1500 hours as a Traffic Control Person and hold a valid TCP certificate for at least 3 years.
- Understand driver behaviour and effectively communicate with the public
- Ascertain skills in work zone set up according to the Traffic Control Manual for Work on Roadways
- Creat site-specifric traffic control plans according to the Ministry of Transportation Manual
- Develop journaling skills in documentation of daily activity
- Facilitate feasible solutions that may arise in work areas.
- Learn the importance of documentation and the potential of accident litigation
Length of course
24 hours (3 days)
Training Materials Provided
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a Lane Closure Technician certificate valid for 3 years.