Effective education and training that enables workers to work safely with or in proximity to controlled products in the workplace. These activities are both an explanation of the hazards of controlled products, the WHMIS system, product labels, MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) as well as practical instruction in safe, specific procedures developed from WHMIS information. To ensure that workers receiving education & training are able to apply the information to protect worker health and safety.
- Principles and application of WHMIS
- Required content, purpose, and significance on WHMIS labels and MSDSs
- Means of identification, signs, placards, colours, codes etc.
- Safe storage procedures
- Handling & disposal procedures
- Maintenance operations
- Emergency procedures
- Fugitive emissions procedures
Length of Course
Training Materials Provided
Manual, Study guide and exam
Upon successfully passing a written exam, participants will be issued a WHMIS certificate valid for 5 years.