Local 1611’s Membership Services was established in 1981 to provide resources and consultation services for Local 1611 Members dealing with WorkSafe claims, unemployment insurance, or Canadian Pension Plan issues. Our Workers’ Advocates assists Local 1611 members in the decision appeal process. This process can be very overwhelming and stressful, however, our Workers’ Advocate deals directly with Local 1611 members to make the process a lot less stressful.


It is important that you report your injury immediately to your first aid attendant (if there is no first aid attendant, report to a Supervisor /Foreman or a colleague on site).

Depending on severity of the injury consult a physician or an acting physician.

File a claim.

A worker can call Teleclaim to report an injury at; 1-888-WORKERS (1.888.967.5377)

Make sure your health care provider submits a physician’s report and that you have informed your physician it is a workplace injury.

For further information; CLICK HERE for the Worksafe website.

Has your WCB claim been denied?

Our Union provides the one-on-one claim representation to walk you through the appeal process and assist our members with; ‘Request for Appeal,’ writing and filing submissions to the Review Division, appeals to Workers’ Compensation Appeal Tribunal, Vocational Rehabilitation and Disability Awards. The WorkSafe appeal process can be stressful and overwhelming for an individual suffering from pain and injury. We are here to assist!

Membership Services has;

Represented or assisted over 6,000 members since its inception.

Recovered an estimate of over 120 million dollars for the Local 1611 membership through settlements, compensation or reimbursements through the Canada Pension Plan, Unemployment Insurance and WorkSafeBC.

Need Help?

CALL 604-538-6992 /toll free 1-888-788-2888 or CLICK HERE to email.

Suffering from hearing loss

Members who want to file a claim for hearing loss can contact the Worker’s Compensation Board (WCB) and ask for an ‘Application for Hearing Loss Resulting from Exposure to Long-term Occupational Noise‘. CLICK HERE to view and print Form 4.

Or, you can contact Worksafe BC Claims for “Form 4” ph: 604-231-8888, 1-888-967-5377. Mail request to; PO Box 4700 Stn Terminal, Vancouver BC V6B 111.

If you encounter problems, you can call the Labourers’ Membership Services at 604-538-6992 /toll free 1-888-788-2888 or CLICK HERE to email.